Chemical peels are treatments to reduce signs of aging on the skin and to make it beautiful again. One of the popular chemical peel treatments is done using trichloroacetic acid (TCA). TCA peels can be used to treat a number of… Read More
TCA Peel Skin Rejuvenation
TCA peel Monterey — Facial rejuvenation through minimally-invasive treatment
Your skin is a first line of defense — protecting your body from the damaging effects of the sun and other factors. Over time, these brutal elements will cause the skin to reveal age as it loses its youthful elasticity and luster. Without intervention, wrinkles, brown spots, discoloration, and blemishes add unwanted years to your appearance. A TCA peel can dramatically improve the skin’s texture and tone — and heighten self-confidence in the process.
What is a TCA peel?
A cosmetic treatment, TCA peel uses trichloroacetic acid to improve the skin’s appearance. It works by removing dead skin cells and stimulating new skin cell growth. This minimally-invasive skin care treatment will also reduce fine lines, deep creases, brown spots, sun damage, blemishes, acne scarring, and large pores. Trichloroacetic acid can be used for superficial peels or deeper peels, depending on the concentration. The goal is to eliminate the surface layers known as the epidermis of dead skin or go to the deeper layers, to the level known as the papillary dermis. Through breakthroughs in modern science and cutting-edge medicine, modern chemical peels are much milder on the skin, with fewer side effects and better results that in decades passed.
Disclaimer: there is no guarantee of specific results and the results can vary.
View TCA Peel Gallery
Candidates for TCA peel
Generally, fairer-skinned and lighter-haired patients are better candidates for chemical peels. If you have darker skin, you may also have good results, depending upon the type of problem being treated. If you have deeper facial wrinkles, skin that’s damaged by the sun, scars, or areas that appear blotchy, or even pre-cancerous growths, deep facial chemical peels might be the right choice for you. Dr. Morwood will carefully determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
You may NOT be a good candidate for chemical peeling if you have:
- A history of abnormal skin scarring
- A naturally dark complexion or skin tone
- A tendency to have extra pigmentation in your scars
- Used certain acne treatments within the last year
- Skin conditions or medications that make the skin more sensitive than normal
- Skin sags, bulges, and more severe wrinkles
– Donna O.
TCA comes in concentrations of 5 percent to 50 percent for use as a peel. The higher the concentration of the TCA, the deeper the peel, and the higher the risk of scarring.
In the process, chemical solutions are carefully applied to your skin to improve the texture by removing damaged outer layers.
Dr. Morwood will adjust the formula to meet your particular needs. There are three types of chemical peels:
- Light chemical peel: A light chemical peel might be the right choice if you have uneven pigmentation, dryness, acne, or fine wrinkling. This kind of peel removes just the outer layer of skin (epidermis) in a light exfoliation and can result in a healthier glow.
- Medium chemical peel: Acne scars, deeper wrinkles, and uneven skin color can all be treated with a medium chemical peel. The chemicals used for this type of peel will remove skin cells from both the outer layer of skin (epidermis) and the upper part of your middle layer of skin (dermis). Your skin will be noticeably smoother and fresher-looking.
- Deep chemical peel: Results are dramatic, but recovery takes the longest. If you have deeper facial wrinkles, skin that’s damaged by the sun, scars, areas that appear blotchy, or even pre-cancerous growths, this might be the right choice for you. For this type of peel, you may need a local anesthetic and a sedative to manage any discomfort. A deep chemical peel usually involves some sort of pretreatment to prepare your skin for the peel and speed up the healing process. Within one week to 10 days, new, more radiant skin will appear. Patients may want to take some time off work or avoid any major social engagements for about seven to 10 days after the peel to allow for complete healing.
TCA PEEL COST
The price of TCA Peel varies widely depending on multiple factors, including the number of treatments and the exact procedure required to achieve optimal results, and the cosmetic or medical concerns you want to address. Contact us today and find out what’s best for you.
Begin with a consultation
The process begins with a detailed, sit-down consultation with Dr. Morwood in his office. During your TCA peel consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, medical treatments, and smoking history
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use
- Previous surgeries or treatments
Dr. Morwood will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss likely outcomes and any risks or potential complications