Breast Augmentation Monterey
Breast augmentation, technically known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breast for a number of reasons:
- To enhance the body contour of a woman who, for personal reasons, feels her breast size is too small.
- To restore breast volume lost due to weight loss or following pregnancy
- To achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
- To improve the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost firmness, often used with a breast lift procedure
- To provide the foundation of a breast contour when a breast has been removed or disfigured by surgery to treat breast cancer
- To improve breast appearance or create the appearance of a breast that is missing or disfigured due to trauma, heredity, or congenital abnormalities
Procedure: Enhance the size of breasts using saline or silicone implants.
Length: 1 to 2 hours.
Anesthesia: Local with sedation, or general.
In/Outpatient: Usually outpatient.
Side Effects: Temporary soreness, swelling, change in nipple sensation, bruising. Breast sensitive to stimulation for a few weeks.
Risks: Lack of implant permanence — surgical removal or replacement of the implants may be required to treat problems, including: deflation; the formation of scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture), which may cause the breast to feel tight or hard; bleeding or infection. Increase or decrease in sensitivity of nipples or breast skin, occasionally permanent. Mammography requires a special technique. (Note: Some women have reported symptoms similar to those of immune disorders. Ask your doctor about these and other FDA concerns)
Recovery: Back to work: a few days. Physical contact with breasts: 3 to 4 weeks. Fading of scars: several months to a year or more.
Duration of Results: Variable. Implants may require removal or replacement.
Vectra 3D Imaging
What if you could look into the future and see the results of your plastic surgery or cosmetic body-sculpting treatment before it even happens? With the VECTRA 3-D imaging system, you can now take a 3-dimensional sneak peek at yourself and see how you might appear after the procedure. Check it out and Sign up for a consultation!
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH DR. MORWOOD
A breast augmentation can be an excellent way to achieve the breast volume and shape you have always desired. By utilising silicone or saline implants, Dr. Morwood is a board certified plastic surgeon who can help enhance the size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts.
Please call (831) 646-8661 to set up a consultation.