While it feels good to look fit and slim, getting there isn’t always easy. People put in a lot of effort to get into shape. One of the most difficult things to achieve when it comes to slimming down is getting rid of abdominal fat.
Some people can achieve this by dieting or working out to burn fat. Unfortunately, even if the excess fat is burned, it leaves the skin around the belly loose and saggy. This is when a tummy tuck comes into the picture.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure used to get rid of the excess abdominal fat and the loose skin on and around the belly. It’s also an excellent way to tighten loose and drooping abdominal muscle tissue.
Women who have saggy skin around the belly after pregnancy prefer abdominoplasty. People who have lost a lot of weight and want to get rid of the loose skin also have a lot of luck with this procedure.
First, anesthesia is given to the patient in order to make the surgery a comfortable experience. An incision is carefully created across the abdomen from one hip to the other. This is usually done close to the pubic area. Stretching the excess loose skin would constrict the skin around the navel. To avoid that, another incision is made near the navel.
The layer of skin is then detached from the abdominal muscles. The loose skin is stretched and the internal muscles are tightened with the help of internal sutures. Liposuction is performed in the abdominal area in order to get rid of the excess fat. The excess skin is cut away, and the incisions are then closed with the help of stitches.
Why Should a Person Get a Tummy Tuck?
• Getting a tummy tuck done helps to get rid of the saggy skin around the belly, which makes the person look younger.
• The tummy tuck helps to get rid of stubborn pockets of excess abdominal fat, which makes a person more active and flexible.
• A tummy tuck tightens the sagging and stretched abdominal muscles to reverse the condition known as diastasis recti (loose abdominal muscles), which often comes about as a result of pregnancy and childbirth. Tightening the muscles also helps the patient maintain a better posture.
• By smoothing out the skin and removing the excess, a tummy tuck can remove certain stretch marks from the abdominal region.
• Having a flat, toned, and well-defined abdomen can look quite attractive when a person shows it off.
Make an Appointment for a Tummy Tuck Consultation
Dr. Morwood has over 20 years’ experience as a plastic surgeon, he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, he is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and for years he has served as either the chief or vice chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery of Monterey.
For more information about Dr. Morwood or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us here.